Goddamit, one post at the beginning of this month and I am now only just starting to think of another post at the arse end of the month. Well that’s not entirely true, there was a post in progress somewhere near the middle which never saw the light of day for various reasons; the primary being it was rubbish.
Of course I still can’t think of anything to write although a lots gone on;
- The chance to see, chat, laugh, drink and celebrate with Parents, Brothers, Sisters, Nephews, Nieces, Cousins, even the ever-itchy footed one, Aunts and Uncles down in Andover for the wedding of my cousin Josie.
- Round two of the GKR Inter-Dojo Drinkie-Poo’s, with its tagline of “be there or be sober!”
- Sun, sun and yet more sun. Seriously it’s been sunny here!
- Hospital visits and probes.
- ….and probably a few more things that I can’t remember right at this moment. Maybe I should write these things down?
For some reason, and it was badly written in the unpublished post, I still feel slightly “empty” this month. The feeling that something is slightly out of your reach and no matter how much you strive for it, it is just that wee bit quicker than what you are. It’s not always something that tangible either.
The unpublished post was titled “Well I wish I was…” which was a slightly ironic title based on a mucky song that my dad had on a vinyl record back when I was a young whipper-snapper. The song’s a bit whimsical and British sea-side postcard humour’ish, but the sentiment was what stuck. I’m not going to attempt to re-iterate what was in there as I couldn’t finish that one, and I want to at least get something posted before the end of this month!
Not entirely sure there’s a point to this post, but I shall attempt to bring my head back to the here-and-now and focus on some personal milestones that are coming up far quicker than I can entirely grasp. May and June *could* be momentous times in my development and I need to get my shite together, as a friend once eloquently put it.
I can’t help who I am, but I can do something about what I want to be…. maybe.